background

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Evan's Sugar Rush

On Halloween Eve I was making popcorn treats to give our neighbors. Evan was by me in his walker basically following me around watching what I was doing. That is when he saw me lick the spatula and he got so excited. He started jumping up and down grabbing for the spatula and making uhh....uhhh...uhhh sounds. I decided that it wouldn't do him any harm to try it and it would be kind of fun to see his reaction, so I put a tiny bit of the candy coating on the spatula and gave it to him. This was the first time he had had anythign "candy".

He loved it. He was smiling and laughing while he was licking the spatula. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. I wish that I had the camera near so that I could record it. He was walking around and it was like he was drunk. He was just kind of running in to things and laughing. At one point he was headed out the kitchen door in his little walker and he paused and looked over his shoulder at me while licking his spatula . He just giggled a little harder and waddled off giggling, licking, and running into things. It was so funny!!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Julie - you paint such a vivid picture with your blogpost that I can almost see it happening! By the way, I tend to get excited and bump into things when I get candy, too! Thanks for sharing with us.

Love, Dad