background

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm a Cool Dude!!


After a big day of going to the DMV for new licenses and the bank for a new account, Nathan told me that he would watch Evan while I go out and do something for a little while. I feel a little guilty, but I love these times. I can go out on the town all alone, drive where I want to go, and listen to all the new country songs up loud. So Fun!!

Of course to be the sweet little wife I responded to Nathan with the, "Are you sure?" But of course he knows me well enough to know I need this little bit of time to myself. So off I went. Windows rolled down, hair blowing in the wind...etc..etc.! Now you might wonder where does one go with this sense of freedom and reckless abandonment to which I would respond, "The grocery store of Course!" To buy roast beef, tomatoes, and Sun Drop Sherbet. Then it was off to Five Guys to bring home dinner.

For those of you who are not familiar with Five Guys, it is quite possibly the best hamburger place there is. When you walk in you are reminded of a bathroom, not that the food is unsanitary, the walls are just decorated with red and white tile that you would normally find in the bathroom. I ordered two bacon cheeseburgers and one small fry (which is not small!) and told myself I would resume my weight watchers tomorrow with increased fervor. After that I was on my way home with my batteries charged so I could once again take care off my family with complete happiness.

I was wrestling myself inside the doors with my roast beef, tomatoes, sherbet, and Five Guys when I heard Nathan's sing song voice chanting, "I'm a cool dude!" which would immediately be followed by a squeal from Evan and then giggles. My curiosity piqued, I peeked around the corner and there was the two men I love the most playing on the couch. It was so sweet that of course I had to take yet another set of pictures.

1 comment:

About Me said...

Oh my gosh, last time i saw you, you were prego now Evan is sitting up> There is just so much life happening all around me and I cant keep up. Please give me your new address and any new phone numbers. I miss you tons and wish I could have saw you one last time before you left. :) But I am on my way to BYU-Idaho on September 1st. wish me luck - luck in the area of finding a man, i mean doing good at school. :)~ talk to you later